Please arrive for your first visit at least 15 minutes early to complete the paperwork process.
- Prescription from Physician
- Referral from Primary Physician
- Insurance Card
- Driver’s License
- Please complete, print and bring with you to your first visit the New Patient Information Packet. The Family Guide to Theraplay is general information about our office for you to read and keep at home. The HIPAA Privacy Notice is for your review and files.
- It is our goal to provide our patients with the best and affordable therapy services possible. We will verify your insurance benefits, and explain these benefits to you.
- We request that all copays, deductibles, and any other fees be paid at the time of service.
- For your convenience, we accept cash, checks, VISA, MasterCard and Discover.
- Theraplay believes in a team approach. Your child will be treated by a number of different staff members, including therapists, assistants, and students, and may interact with aides and volunteers. The team approach achieves greater progress with goals, and better carryover into natural environments.
- Family members are encouraged to participate in therapy sessions to make them active facilitators in their child’s program. Home programs are implemented with family members to ensure the program’s success in each unique family environment.
- All therapy is by appointment only.
- When scheduling appointments, you may schedule up to one month (4 weeks) of appointments at a time, within your insurance authorization only.
- We request 24 hours notice for cancellation whenever possible or there may be a charge.
- Your physician has prescribed therapy for your child as an important tool in your child’s development. It is your responsibility to ensure to the best of your ability that your child receives therapy at the recommended frequency by keeping all scheduled appointments, and making up all missed/cancelled visits.
Social Media Guidelines
We ask that families and caregivers respect our staff members’ privacy when using social media. At Theraplay, we strive to maintain your child’s and family’s confidentiality at all times, including social media. We encourage you to “like” Theraplay’s Facebook page to keep up to date on Theraplay news and events rather than connecting with staff through personal social media sites. Our staff are prohibited from “friending” any current patients and their families.