Hi and welcome to Theraplay, Inc.!
We are looking forward to hosting your clinical affiliation/fieldwork. Prior to your start date, Theraplay requires specific paperwork to be filled out and completion of a phone screening. As stated in Theraplay’s Clinical Site Information Form/Fieldwork Data Form, we require the following:
• FBI Clearance through the Department of Human Services, updated within 12 months of your start date. This process can be completed here. Select “Department of Human Services”. Register online and select “DHS Volunteer” on the drop down menu for “Reason Fingerprinted”. Results will be mailed to your home address; be sure to submit a copy to Theraplay.
• Child Abuse History Certification can be obtained online. You can apply, and if applicable, pay online here. Applying for your Child Abuse History Certification online expedites the application process and provides the applicant with their results electronically. The Department of Human Services (DHS) strongly encourages applicants to apply for their Child Abuse History Certification electronically. For individuals applying for their Child Abuse History Certification for volunteer purposes, the fee has been waived and no payment is required. This must be completed within 12 months of your start date.
• Criminal Record Check can be obtained here. Select “New Record Check: Volunteers Only”. Follow the instructions and you will receive your results online. Download a copy and send to Theraplay along with your other clearances. This must be completed within 12 months of your start date.
• Physical Exam, conducted within the last 12 months.
• A negative PPD test result, conducted within the last 2 years.
• Current CPR Certification.
Please note that the FBI clearance and PA Child Abuse clearances can take up to 8 weeks to receive. You will not be able to start your affiliation/fieldwork without these documents.
Please be sure to email or mail this information to Lauren Toolan prior to your start date. These forms must be receied in order to prevent a delayed start or cancellation of your affiliation. If the paperwork is not received two weeks prior to your start date we may not honor the placement.
If you have questions please contact us. This includes questions about which location you will be assigned to. Our assigned locations are dependent upon your location as well as our staffing at the time to ensure a great clinical experience for you!