Theraplay, Inc. was founded in November of 1991 by Lisa Mackell, PT, a pediatric physical therapist. Theraplay initially provided occupational, physical and speech therapies to children in their homes, schools, and early intervention centers. Since then, we have added ten pediatric outpatient therapy centers and special education to the services we provide.
- February - Theraplay moves their Newtown Center to 32 Blacksmith Road, adding over 1,300 square feet of treatment space.
- November - Theraplay aquires The Children's Therapy Center. CTC provides occupational, physical and speech therapy to children throughout northern Virginia.
- November - Theraplay expands their presence in the Pittsburgh market with their acquisition of AOT, Inc., a provider of school-based services in western Pennsylvania.
- September - Theraplay acquires Positive Steps Therapy, located in Pittsburgh, bringing therapy services to children across Pennsylvania.
- June - Theraplay relocates its Broomall center to a larger facility at 600 Reed Road, Suite 101, Broomall, PA.
- April - Theraplay is named a "Top Workplace" by philly.com, and receives top recognition for "Meaningfulness".
- May - Theraplay’s tenth center opens in Doylestown, located at 739 North Easton Road, #202 Doylestown, PA 18901.
- January - Theraplay’s ninth center opens in East Norriton, located at 2909 North Whitehall Road, Unit 3, East Norriton, PA 19403.
- Theraplay celebrates 25 years of providing pediatric therapy.
- December - Theraplay moves its administrative staff and management to a new corporate space located at 1345 Enterprise Drive, Suite 100A, West Chester, PA 19380.
- November – Theraplay opens its eighth outpatient center in Bensalem at 3260 Tillman Drive, Suite 117, Bensalem, PA 19020.
- November - Theraplay aquires Austill's Educational Services, helping bring therapy to more children in the southeastern Pennsylvania region.
- May – Theraplay opens its seventh outpatient center in Landenberg, Chester County at 385 Starr Road, Landenberg, PA 19350.
- September – Theraplay relocates its Horsham outpatient center to a larger facility at 555 Business Center Drive,
Suite 100, Horsham, PA.
- June – Theraplay relocates its Trappe outpatient center to a larger facility in Limerick, Montgomery County at 451 West Ridge Pike, Suite 479, Limerick, PA.
- January – Theraplay opens its sixth outpatient center in Newtown, Bucks County at 790 Newtown Yardley Road,
Suite 422, Newtown, PA.
- Theraplay celebrates 20 years of providing pediatric therapy services.
- September – Theraplay relocates its Springfield outpatient center to a larger facility in Broomall, Delaware County at 600 Reed Road, Suite 201, Broomall, PA.
- October – Theraplay opens its fifth outpatient center in Quakertown, Bucks County at 2100 Quaker Pointe Drive, Quakertown, PA.
- January – Theraplay expands its Springfield outpatient center.
- June – Theraplay relocates its Limerick outpatient center to a larger facility in Trappe, Montgomery County at
545 West Main Street, Trappe, PA.
- November – Theraplay relocates its Drexel Hill outpatient center to a larger facility in Springfield, Delaware County.
- October – Theraplay expands its Horsham outpatient center for a second time.
- January – Theraplay opens its fourth outpatient center in Limerick, Montgomery County.
- July – Theraplay becomes a direct early intervention provider for Berks and Lancaster Counties.
- April – Working Mother Magazine recognizes Theraplay as one of the top 25 companies nationally for working moms.
- April – Theraplay opens its third outpatient center in Drexel Hill, Delaware County.
- July – Theraplay expands its Horsham outpatient center.
- May – Theraplay moves its Malvern center to 638 Brandywine Parkway, West Chester, PA. This center serves both as a pediatric outpatient therapy center, as well as the corporate center for Theraplay.
- July – Theraplay opens its second outpatient center in Horsham, Montgomery County at 581 Horsham Road, Horsham, PA 19044.
- October – Theraplay opened its first pediatric outpatient rehabilitation center in Malvern (Chester County, PA). This office provided physical, occupational, and speech therapies to children.