Theraplay, Inc. was founded in November of 1991 by Lisa Mackell, PT, a pediatric physical therapist. Theraplay initially provided physical, occupational, speech and feeding therapies to children in their homes, schools, and early intervention centers. Theraplay has also added special education and social work intervention to the services provided.
• October – Theraplay opened its first pediatric outpatient rehabilitation center in Malvern (Chester County, PA). This office provided physical, occupational, and speech therapies to children.
• July – Theraplay opens its second outpatient center in Horsham, Montgomery County at 581 Horsham Road, Horsham, PA 19044.
• May – Theraplay moves its Malvern center to 638 Brandywine Parkway, West Chester, PA. This center serves both as a pediatric outpatient therapy center, as well as the corporate center for Theraplay.
• July – Theraplay expands its Horsham outpatient center.
• April – Theraplay opens its third outpatient center in Drexel Hill, Delaware County.
• April – Working Mother Magazine recognizes Theraplay as one of the top 25 companies nationally for working moms.
• July – Theraplay becomes a direct early intervention provider for Berks and Lancaster Counties.
• January – Theraplay opens its fourth outpatient center in Limerick, Montgomery County.
• October – Theraplay expands its Horsham outpatient center for a second time.
• November – Theraplay relocates its Drexel Hill outpatient center to a larger facility in Springfield, Delaware County.
• June – Theraplay relocates its Limerick outpatient center to a larger facility in Trappe, Montgomery County at 545 West Main Street, Trappe, PA.
• January – Theraplay expands its Springfield outpatient center.
• October – Theraplay opens its fifth outpatient center in Quakertown, Bucks County at 2100 Quaker Pointe Drive, Quakertown, PA.
• Theraplay celebrates 20 years of providing pediatric therapy services.
• September – Theraplay relocates its Springfield outpatient center to a larger facility in Broomall, Delaware County at 600 Reed Road, Suite 201, Broomall, PA.
• January – Theraplay opens its sixth outpatient center in Newtown, Bucks County at 790 Newtown Yardley Road, Suite 422, Newtown, PA.
• June – Theraplay relocates its Trappe outpatient center to a larger facility in Limerick, Montgomery County at 451 West Ridge Pike, Suite 479, Limerick, PA.
• September – Theraplay relocates its Horsham outpatient center to a larger facility at 555 Business Center Drive, Suite 100, Horsham, PA.
• May – Theraplay opens its seventh outpatient center in Landenberg, Chester County at 385 Starr Road, Landenberg, PA 19350.
• Theraplay celebrates 25 years of providing pediatric therapy.
• November – Theraplay opens its eighth outpatient center in Bensalem at 3260 Tillman Drive, Suite 117, Bensalem, PA 19020.
• December – Theraplay moves its administrative staff and management to a new corporate space located at 1345 Enterprise Drive, Suite 100A, West Chester, PA 19380.
• Theraplay’s ninth center opens in East Norriton, located at 2909 North Whitehall Road, Unit 3, East Norriton, PA 19403.
Theraplay continues to analyze the market to grow its business in areas where children’s therapy services are needed. Look for Theraplay to continue to expand and meet the pediatric therapy needs of the community at large.